Desktop disk icons

thedogfarted thedogfarted at inbox.lv
Mon Mar 8 08:28:56 UTC 2004

you cat mount them at startup, then gnome doesn't displays icons on desktop
i had a similar problem, i created a seperate group for fat & ntfs users
(owner is root if not set with uid), and added following lines to fstab

/dev/hda2	/mnt/ntfs	ntfs	ro,gid=winusers,umask=0222 0 0
/dev/hda5	/mnt/vfat	vfat	rw,gid=winusers,umask=0002 0 0