SMP not booting from rh9 - nor fedora core 1

Colin Burgess cburgess at qnx.com
Mon Mar 8 14:29:59 UTC 2004

I can't get SMP up on a dual PIII Coppermine system.  It gets only as
far as the first boot messages before hanging.  Sometimes it gets
further than others.

I tried updating to the latest 2.4 SMP kernel via up2date but no help.

I also tried removing the usb controller from the /etc/modules.conf,
since that was mentioned in bugzilla.

I'm a linux newbie, so if someone could point out any gotchas that I'm
missing I'd appreciate it.

The system has 512Mb of ram, and a ATI Rage 128 Pro video card.

Thanks,

Colin