Update Docs

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Mon Mar 8 17:30:24 UTC 2004

On Sunday 22 February 2004 11:20 pm, A Davis wrote:
> I have been reading posts on fedora-list for awhile now but I haven't
> seen anyone mention updating their doc files. You can find that
> information here:  http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/docs/
> Execute the following in a terminal:
>
> export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at rhlinux.redhat.com:/usr/local/CVS
> cvs -z3 login
> cvs -z3 co fedora-docs
>
> That will update your docs. I know alot of mine where updated when I ran
> this command.

Is it necessary to have the /usr/local/CVS directory?  I don't have it.
Below is the output of running the commands you suggested, note the warning:

[root at moe root]# export
CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at rhlinux.redhat.com:/usr/local/CVS
[root at moe root]# cvs -z3 login
Logging in to :pserver:anonymous at rhlinux.redhat.com:2401/usr/local/CVS
CVS password:
[root at moe root]# cvs -z3 co fedora-docs
cvs server: warning: cannot write to history
file /usr/local/CVS/CVSROOT/history: Permission denied
cvs server: Updating fedora-docs
U fedora-docs/README
cvs server: Updating fedora-docs/common
U fedora-docs/common/cvs-en.xml
U fedora-docs/common/legalnotice-en.xml
cvs server: Updating fedora-docs/css
U fedora-docs/css/fedora.css
cvs server: Updating fedora-docs/developer-guide
U fedora-docs/developer-guide/Makefile
U fedora-docs/developer-guide/developers-guide-en.xml
cvs server: Updating fedora-docs/documentation-guide
U fedora-docs/documentation-guide/Makefile
U fedora-docs/documentation-guide/acknowledgments-en.xml
U fedora-docs/documentation-guide/docs-converting-en.xml
U fedora-docs/documentation-guide/docs-emacs-en.xml
U fedora-docs/documentation-guide/docs-emacs-nxml-en.xml
U fedora-docs/documentation-guide/docs-getting-files-en.xml
U fedora-docs/documentation-guide/docs-intro-en.xml
U fedora-docs/documentation-guide/docs-rh-guidelines-en.xml
U fedora-docs/documentation-guide/docs-tutorial-en.xml
U fedora-docs/documentation-guide/docs-xml-tags-en.xml
U fedora-docs/documentation-guide/documentation-guide-en.xml
cvs server: Updating fedora-docs/example-tutorial
U fedora-docs/example-tutorial/Makefile
U fedora-docs/example-tutorial/example-tutorial-en.xml
cvs server: Updating fedora-docs/install-guide
U fedora-docs/install-guide/Makefile
U fedora-docs/install-guide/fedora-install-guide-en-outline.txt
U fedora-docs/install-guide/fedora-install-guide-en.xml
cvs server: Updating fedora-docs/jargon-buster
U fedora-docs/jargon-buster/Makefile
U fedora-docs/jargon-buster/fedora-jargon-buster-en.xml
cvs server: Updating fedora-docs/stylesheet-images
U fedora-docs/stylesheet-images/LICENSE
U fedora-docs/stylesheet-images/caution.eps
U fedora-docs/stylesheet-images/caution.png
U fedora-docs/stylesheet-images/important.eps
U fedora-docs/stylesheet-images/important.png
U fedora-docs/stylesheet-images/note.eps
U fedora-docs/stylesheet-images/note.png
U fedora-docs/stylesheet-images/tip.eps
U fedora-docs/stylesheet-images/tip.png
U fedora-docs/stylesheet-images/warning.eps
U fedora-docs/stylesheet-images/warning.png
cvs server: Updating fedora-docs/translation-guide
U fedora-docs/translation-guide/Makefile
U fedora-docs/translation-guide/translate-cvs-en.xml
U fedora-docs/translation-guide/translate-intro-en.xml
U fedora-docs/translation-guide/translate-workflow-en.xml
U fedora-docs/translation-guide/translation-guide-en.xml
cvs server: Updating fedora-docs/xsl
U fedora-docs/xsl/html-common.xsl
U fedora-docs/xsl/main-html.xsl
U fedora-docs/xsl/main-pdf.xsl