powerdown after shutdown - fedora core 1 - 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl

Travis Fraser travis at snowpatch.net
Mon Mar 8 17:37:58 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 08:54, ronnie escobedo wrote:
> not true...just add 'acpi = on' in your grub.conf and make sure that your
> acpid service is running
>

> >On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 16:02, Peter Brger wrote:
> > > Hello fedora-users,
> > >
> > > my fedora don't want to do a powerdown after shutdown. I've to do the
> > > powerdown manually. Is anything known about this issue?
> > >
> > > Sorry for my bad english.
> > >
> > > buerger
> > >

> >You need to upgrade your kernel. The ACPI is updated in later Fedora
> >kernels.

Depends on the power management on the machine (APM vs ACPI). I have a
Compaq 1700T (no apm) that did not poweroff on shutdown with the first
couple of Fedora kernels (with acpi=on in grub.conf). I had to patch a
couple of files in the ACPI code to get it to poweroff. Around
kernel-2.4.22.2149 the ACPI code was more uptodate.