ethernet to dialup transition

Ben Vitale bvitale at cisunix.unh.edu
Tue Mar 9 08:08:18 UTC 2004

Hi folks,

I'll be losing my broadband connection for about a week soon, and I'll
need to use an external modem and Earthlink dialup to access the 'net -
obviously not a 24/7 connection.  Two related questions:

1) Easiest way to "prepare" FC1 for the transition from LAN to dialup?
Last time I had an ethernet outage, GNOME was very unhappy and became
almost unusable.  Keep in mind I'll be coming back to the ethernet soon
after, so I don't want to lose that configuration..

2) Best way to configure a dialup connection in FC1?

Thanks!

Ben