GL Kills my box?

Adam Cooper adam.cooper at port.ac.uk
Tue Mar 9 09:22:22 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 13:54, Adam Cooper wrote:
> I have been trying to get an opengl game (vegastrike) to run on my
> system. However whilst i've been trying to get this to work i seem to
> have lost all opengl capabilities. When running any opengl app the
> computer immediately freezes with no output to screen. Being a relative
> newb i have no idea how to exit said freeze (ctrl alt F* doesn't get me
> anywhere) and so i have to restart. GLXGears as well as tux racer freeze
> as well. How can I fix this problem? Are there any logs that may be of
> use?
>
> I'm running Kernel 2.6 on a P4 2.6 512MB

I'm sorry to bring this up again guys but it is a continuing problem for
me. Before this problem I had set a GL screen saver so now when ever
this kicks in my computer locks forcing a reset. I cannot change the
screen saver using the screen saver tool as this shows a preview and so
locks the box forcing a reset.

Added to that the fact I can't play any GL games means this is starting
to get *very* annoying.

I'm running the Intel 845G chip-set and on-board sound.

Cheers
Adam