MBR

Joao Sampaio est-j-sampaio at ptinovacao.pt
Tue Mar 9 09:57:54 UTC 2004

Hello

I have installed in my computer the WinXP and Fedora Core1 with the Grub
bootloader.

I had to reinstall the WinXP and the MBR was rewriten by Wndowns and so I
had to recover the MBR with Fedora. But this didn't work! I started up the
computer with Fedora bootCD and chose the option of reinstall the bootloader
Grub, but at the end, after Fedora asked me for the other install CDs, it as
finished saying that it couldn't install the asked changes in the system.
I have already done this procedure before loads of times with Mandrake and
Debian and it was very simple and easy to recover the MBR. But I don't know
what is happening with Fedora for it doens't work.

Could someone help me in this issue?

Thank you.

Best regards,

João

João Sampaio

PT Inovação, SA
SRM - Serviços e Redes Móveis

email: est-j-sampaio at ptinovacao.pt
Jabber: joaosampaio at im.ptinovacao.pt
Tlf:  +351 234511160-1907 / +351 234403421