Why FC-2?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 9 11:13:48 UTC 2004

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Neil Derraugh (UW) wrote:

> I concur.  And iterate the idea of upgrading FC-1.

we've been through this before.  the *only* upgrades that are officially
supported are those that *start* with an official release, regardless of
where you want to go from there, which means you can/should be able to
upgrade:

1) *from* any official FC release to a beta of the next release,
2) *from* any official FC release to the next official release, and
3) *not* from any beta release to *anything* else

this is not to say that all of the above will work, only that they're
supposed to.  and, of course, upgrading to a beta release is meant pretty
much for testing the eventual upgrade to the real thing.

rday