FC2: up2date conflicts

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Tue Mar 9 15:42:00 UTC 2004

well.. thought I'd give it a go.. been waiting to have a play with the
2.6 kernel for a while and this seemed like a good time..

so I downloaded the 4 iso's.. installed this morning.. and looking good
so far :) (and it might just be me but it seems a *lot* faster than RH9)

now.. up2date says there are 1454'ish updates.. so I went to run it..

it comes up with unresolvable dependencies for balsa and redhat-lsb.. I
removed balsa from the update list.. but redhat-lsb isn't getting
installed (not listed).. it says is requires /usr/bin/kill .. kill isn't
getting updated either.. so I can't figure out how to get the update
running..

seeing as the kde 3.2 and the kernel 2.6.3 are getting installed I'd
call this the whole point of installing FC2 in the first place so am
eager to get the updates going..

so has anyone any ideas on how to resolve this?

TIA

Craig