Canon BJC-255SP printing set-up problems with CUPS

Matt H. helios82 at optushome.com.au
Tue Mar 9 16:11:42 UTC 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 01:09:46 +1100, Wolfgang wrote:

> I have ghostscript (V7.07-15.1) installed as well. And my system still
> prints. The Canon printers are not postscript printers. The Turbo Print
> drivers, only uses the CUPS print spooler & allows apps to print to the TP
> printer. Sounds like one of the packages is corrupted or something of that
> nature. (Possibly even CUPS). I would also try it using the CUPS bjc600
> driver, since nearly all canon printers seem to work with that driver.
>
> Wolf

I upgraded to the latest ghostscript packages as outlined in the bugzilla
report in an above post. They indeed fixed the missing bjc* devices issue.
It still didn't let me print any test documents though. :( The CUPS
error_log shows absolutely no error messages or the like at all; the
output seems to suggest the print job completed successfully!

So I tried the turbo print drivers again, and they don't work as well. So,
I opened up http://localhost:631 and tried submitting a test page there.
The message stated that the print job was completed successfully as
well..But still no document spat out of the printer..

Note that this printer works fine on m Winblows 98 box.
I get this funny feeling that there's a simple fix to this..everything
seems to point to this scenario.

Thanks for your continued help guys.
--
Matt