Why FC-2?

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Tue Mar 9 18:42:37 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 07:49, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I'm not entirely clear why it is necessary to have a new distribution.
> There doesn't seem anything very revolutionary in it,
> so why not just go on upgrading FC-1?

Right. What's the point of upgrading from a steam engine to a gas
engine? There's nothing revolutionary about that.

Long journey = lots of small steps

It's more difficult to wait before taking a big leap, than making
several small steps instead. The odds of breaking your neck are bigger
with the former.

And if FC1 works for you, no one forces you to upgrade.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/