FC1 / XP on a dell Inspiron 5150

Wed Mar 10 00:57:48 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 18:43, Marc Schwartz wrote:

snip

> When I installed FC1 (which I had to do in text mode), I used disk druid
> to configure the above partitions and formatted them to ext3.  I also
> use GRUB (with LBA), which I installed to the /boot partition and not to
> the MBR, which enables me to keep the normal XP boot process. I edit the
> BOOT.INI file under XP so that it lists FC after having copied a Linux
> boot sector over to the XP partition.

One more thing that I realized I forgot, the key line from grub.conf:

kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2174.nptl ro root=LABEL=/ hda=ide-scsi vga=791
acpi=on apm=off

The above has wrapped to two lines.

Note that I have acpi turned on and apm turned off. I also have the boot
console set up for a higher resolution (vga=791).

Note that under my configuration, the main hard drive is 'hdc'.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz