Fedora support etiquette, need suggestions

Brian Fahrlander Brian at fahrlander.net
Wed Mar 10 01:43:17 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 17:43 -0600, Jeff Vian wrote:

> Roger Beever wrote:
[snipped]
> It is confusing to read an answer and not have any idea of the
> content/context to which it is related
>
> Jeff

    Yeah...and when I'm in the archives, I read just the way I read the
morning paper, the TV Guide, or the bible: Top to bottom.  I don't mind
'scanning' over the leadup to the question, but I *really* don't like
hunting the answer when some of the people post at the top.

    Posting at the top is lazy; it's because the emailers start there,
and people learn the habit.  Nowhere else in literature does anyone
write from bottom-to-top.  If you're gonna communicate with people,
retain the 'paper' metaphor and letters-left-to-right, sentences-top-to-
bottom like everywhere else in the literal world.

    (Unless you're on an Isreali Linux box in Hebrew, etc writing right-
to-left. :) )

    I think people forget that everything that gets typed here is part
of the public record...and can sometimes solve difficult problems for
people, ya know?

    ...just the way I feel about it, sorry.

Brian Fahrländer                 Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                     http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262