unfixed bug XFree86 with Xinerama and antialias

Michal Zeravik michalz at olomouc.com
Wed Mar 10 07:21:37 UTC 2004

Hi to doublescreeners,

I finally get the point why kde is too slow on my machine.
I'm using last kde 3.2.1 and X 4.3.0-55.
In the configuration the antialias (probably xft) is broken in xinerama
mode.
I had to install old XFree86-libs from RH9 by the redhat's bugzilla.
Then It's ok, but kde is starting about 30s on athlon-xp2200+ with 510DDR.
I've recompiled XFree from src.rpm and now It's lightning-fast, but
same issue as before appears. No antialias in Xinerama and fonts are broken.
Can anyone help?

Thanx,
Michal