Canon BJC-255SP printing set-up problems with CUPS

Wolfgang wolfgang at rpi.net.au
Wed Mar 10 10:49:30 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 03:11, Matt H. wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 01:09:46 +1100, Wolfgang wrote:
>
> > I have ghostscript (V7.07-15.1) installed as well. And my system still
> > prints. The Canon printers are not postscript printers. The Turbo Print
> > drivers, only uses the CUPS print spooler & allows apps to print to the TP
> > printer. Sounds like one of the packages is corrupted or something of that
> > nature. (Possibly even CUPS). I would also try it using the CUPS bjc600
> > driver, since nearly all canon printers seem to work with that driver.
> >
> > Wolf
>
> I upgraded to the latest ghostscript packages as outlined in the bugzilla
> report in an above post. They indeed fixed the missing bjc* devices issue.
> It still didn't let me print any test documents though. :( The CUPS
> error_log shows absolutely no error messages or the like at all; the
> output seems to suggest the print job completed successfully!
>
> So I tried the turbo print drivers again, and they don't work as well. So,
> I opened up http://localhost:631 and tried submitting a test page there.
> The message stated that the print job was completed successfully as
> well..But still no document spat out of the printer..
>
> Note that this printer works fine on m Winblows 98 box.
> I get this funny feeling that there's a simple fix to this..everything
> seems to point to this scenario.
>
> Thanks for your continued help guys.
> --
> Matt

Checking through my configs here (I'm running both a BJC-3000 & S830D,
and both USB). In the printer config tool, make sure that in the queue
type screen, the queue type is set to "Locally-connected", and the
device is set to "/dev/usb/lp0". This goes for Turboprint as well. (At
least in the area of devices, that is).

Wolf