Oh so close to dumping windoz

Matt Morgan matt.morgan at brooklynmuseum.org
Wed Mar 10 20:13:25 UTC 2004

On 03/10/2004 12:31 PM, Rob Freeman wrote:

>but....
>
>I have 2 questions:
>
>A)  Is there anything that will connect to a remote PC anywhere box?  At
>work, we have a few install of pcanywhere that I need to view from time to
>time from the house when there is a problem.  I read on some newsgroups
>about a java version of pcanywhere, but all the links I came across were
>dead like Symantec dumped it.  Is it best to just try to use wine and
>pcanywhere?
>
>B)  I have a few websites that were designed in front page.  Is there is
>Linux web editor that can view and edit designs made in front page?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Rob

With respect to question B, the output from frontpage is just really confusing html, right? You could clean those pages up with HTMLTidy (http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/, http://tidy.sourceforge.net/) and then any editor should work with it fine. Also you should end up with stadards-compliant html code, which frontpage isn't known for, but would be a great benefit.

--Matt