Apple Cinema Display on Fedora Core 1?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Thu Mar 11 00:46:21 UTC 2004

The reall issue with apples newer displays is the the pull 28volts dc over
the dislay cable to power the monitor. no video-card will accomidate that
without the appropriate connector on the card and mainboard, and a
suitable power supply (basically a mac). alternativly you can use a
suitable dvi-adc adapter (http://www.smalldog.com/product/41337)with a
video card with a dvi output. for linux with open source drivers an ati
radeon 9000pro is a nice card...

personally I found the studio 23" monitor to be somewhat underwhelming
compared to some of the alternatives in that price range but displays are
a highly individualized taste.

joelja

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu