samba Problem

Ryan Duff ryan at duff-duff.net
Thu Mar 11 17:06:38 UTC 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 00:00:22 -0500, Mario St-Gelais
<legrimpeur at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Ryan Duff wrote:
>

>> Yeah, that's what my problem was. I edited my smb.conf file on my linux
>> box because linux was fighting my xp box to be PDC. I set it to
>>
>> local master = no
>> preferred master = no
>> os level = 20
>>
>> and did a service smb restart and went to work and when I came home
>> everything had fiextd itself and I can now browse from my windows
>> machine.
>>
>> The moral of the story is that if you can't browse your network, you
>> have 2 or more machines fighting to be PCD.
>>

>> Ryan Duff
>>

> Lucky you Ryan!!  Did what you did and the error messages I had
> disappeared.  Then running smbclient -L localhost yields to
>
> Server               Comment
> ---------            -------
> LAPTOP               LapTop 1
> P2                   samba server
>
> So my laptop is now present.  But still can't connect as my laptop will
> not find the damn path.  What the heck is going on??
>
> Mario

Could you give me your info one more time with your setup and what you are
trying to accomplish and I'll see if I notice anything that I changed that
may  help you out aswell. Everything works fine on my network right now,
I'm at 100%... right where I want to be.

Ryan