update

Oisin Curtin Oisin.Curtin at PhoenixFltOps.com
Thu Mar 11 19:23:54 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 11:59, Wohlberg, Jonathan wrote:

> Then ran up2date from the command line.

Ahh, command line.  So sweet.

I struggled with up2date for a while, then I tried yum.
Yum is command-line native and significantly faster than up2date.
Read the page, man.  Er, uh, man page.

Quick answer....
1) run `yum check-update`. (slow the first time, faster after.)

2) If yum said there was an update for frex coreutils...
   run `yum update coreutils`

--
Oisin Curtin                        Oisin.Curtin (at) PhoenixFltOps.com
"Life is a non-renewable resource, use it well." -- Curly++, a survivor.