firefox internal error

Carsten Sander sander at csa-net.de
Thu Mar 11 19:31:46 UTC 2004

Christoph Wickert schrieb:
> I was trying to start firefox while my system was under heavy load from
> spamassassin filtering todays mail.
>
> $ firefox
> $ INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Expected a version > 5! Version = 4
> System error?:: Permission denied

I had this error with mozilla a few weeks ago after playing around with
an user agent plugin and leaving mozilla in internet explorer mode.

After removing the line "user_pref("general.useragent.override",
"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)");" in prefs.js
mozilla works again.

> or
> System error?:: Success
>
> No firebird, the error remains, only moving my ~/.phoenix folder helped.
> Anybody else experienced this?

Carsten