XP/ FC1 on inspiron 5150

Pierre De Boeck pierre.deboeck at skynet.be
Thu Mar 11 20:02:03 UTC 2004

Thanks a lot Marc,

So it seems that I can now start the installation
but could you give me the settings that you used during the first
install, namely

- the mouse settings (I have a touchpad and a USB mouse)
- the video settings (graphic card, monitor, resolution)

And was the NIC detected during the installation?

And for ACPI? is it enabled by default or do I have
to edit the grub.conf file after the firs reboot?

And lastly, is your system the same as mine or if not,
what are the differences?

I asked all these questions as I am rather a linux newbie
and I fear above all a frozen system that prevents me to reboot
even with XP. :-)