I have an error in my fstab but I cannot see it...

Thomas Munck Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Fri Mar 12 11:27:51 UTC 2004

At some point Coume - Lubox.com wrote:
> ***************** fstab ********************
> LABEL=/         /               ext3    defaults        1 1
> none            /dev/pts        devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
> none            /proc           proc    defaults        0 0
> none            /dev/shm        tmpfs   defaults        0 0
> none		/tmp		tmpfs	defaults	0 0
> /dev/hda5 	/home 		reiserfs defaults 	1 2
> /dev/hda6       swap            swap    defaults        0 0
> /dev/fda1       /mnt/floppy     auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
> /dev/sda	/mnt/flash	vfat	user,rw		O O
> /dev/sda1	/mnt/iriver	vfat	noauto,user,rw	0 0
> /dev/cdrom      /mnt/cdrom      udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
> Perhaps it is coming from the fact of having sda and sda1...

Oh yeah, that should do strange stuff...
You're mounting the entire disk (sda) on /mnt/flash (which would probably
fail since it's not likely to look like a valid vfat device)
Even if it for some reason does NOT fail the next one probably will

In either case - nothing useful can com out of this!

sda == entire disk
sda1 == first partition on the disk

/Thomas