Sound dev disables when switching users in core1

Steve Berry stevejberry at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 12 13:45:54 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 12:51, Kevin Freeman wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 11:20 -0500, Steve Berry wrote:
>
> > When I initially setup fedora, I had one user, myself +root, then I added
> > my wife so she could have her own little desktop universe of her own ..
> >
> > Now when I logoff, run off to work and she logs in. sound works fine.
>
> You can edit /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf to enable 2 X servers at the same
> time so that you don't have to log off when your wife uses the PC.
> Search for [servers] and uncomment server 1.  Now one of you can have

This is a semi-old topic - but I had to bring it back to life.

I was discussing this option with some Linux users in a irc channel, and
they told me it was NOT possible.

***** Since I have yet to put this to work for me yet. I wanted your
actual review of how well this works -

"this" being :

Having 2 desktops running simultaneously.