Can I make icons on desktop smaller (gnome)?

Garrett LeSage garrett at redhat.com
Fri Mar 12 14:16:50 UTC 2004

On Mar 11, 2004, at 3:03 PM, thedogfarted wrote:

> go to nautilus preferences and set 75% zoom for example, probably
> you'll want to set desktop font smalle, too

This is what I do on my laptop running Fedora.  It works great!

In addition, I set the panel to a smaller size and also use the special
GIMP gtkrc file for reduced-size widgets (well, at least some are
smaller).  The gtkrc file resides in the GIMP dotfile directory and
simply needs to be edited to remove the comment octothorps (#) from the
front of the appropriate lines.

It would be nice to be able to have smaller GTK+ widgets in general
too.  I imagine at least some of it could be controlled by the theme
(although some of it would probably be outside the scope).  Perhaps I
should look into this a bit sometime.

Garrett