Redundance / Balance two links.

Cristiano Soares stillnick2 at terra.com.br
Fri Mar 12 20:45:01 UTC 2004

Have someone made this http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html to work with FC-1?

Here is my situation:

- I have two ADSL lines, and i want to be able to balance and make a redundance with these two links to my local network.

    - First ADSL router is: 192.168.1.1 (DNS & default Gateway)
        -(eth0) = 192.168.1.200 (default route)

    - Second ADSL router is: 192.168.0.254 (DNS & default Gateway)
        -(eth2) = 192.168.0.200

    - Local Network is: 192.168.2.1 (eth1) - DHCPD running

Here is the deal. My network is up and running with the default route through eth0, so I try to test if the redundance thing is working by umpluging the eth0 ethernet cable, to see if the FC-1 box will change its route to be able to keep the network alive through eth2 (my other ADSL line), but it turns out all the client machines in the network stop communicating with the internet. So, i hope anyone have had this problem before, and even more hopefully solved it. A real working script would be so great. Thanks a lote FC community.

Cristiano Soares