PCMCIA PCI cards

Andreas Pfaffeneder apfaffeneder at zuhause-local.de
Fri Mar 12 19:40:32 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 12.03.2004 schrieb Tech Support (ChiliTech) um 01:30:
> Greetings,
> What must be done to get a PCI PCMCIA card to work under Fedora?  I've
> tried two now.. and nothing happens.. nothing shows up in
> /var/log/messages, nothing comes on light wise on the cards or the card
> slot.  PCMCIA service is running.

Make sure that the appropriate modules are loaded, these are (for pci in
most cases):

yenta_socket, ds

Check dmesg if a new pcmcia-hardware was found. If your test-box is
really old (PCI 2.0/2.1 capable only) this might be a problem related to
the used chipset/bios not being capable of PCI 2.2 in which first the
Cardbus-Bridge was fully specified. lspci should at least show up the
cardbus-bridge.

If you got further or more specific questions have a look at
pcmcia.sf.net and the PCMCIA-Howto.

HTH
Andreas