DPT PM2144UW Controler / Module EATA_DMA.O.

Robert Middleswarth robert at middleswarth.net
Fri Mar 12 22:11:35 UTC 2004

I am tring to install fedora on a older box with Dual PII 300 and Scsi
Raid controler but the installer doesn't find the drivers.  I check
googles and it reports that the Scsi Raid Controler support was added back
in 2.0.x days but it looks like it is no longer under active suppport as
the controler manf. is no more.  Has anyone had any luck in installing on
the DPT raid controler.  I see the modules install in other FC1 install
under /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2174.nptl/unsupported/drivers/scsi/eata_dma.o
but I haven't been able to find any text on getting the installer to use
that driver.  Or if the install kernel suppports it.

Thanks
Robert