FC1 2 3 RH9 10 MDK 6 7 8 9

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Sun Mar 14 04:40:42 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-03-14 at 06:28, Homer wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 22:21, Chadley Wilson wrote:
>
> > Look I am not trying to be snotty :-> I just cant believe that everthing
> > that is available for linux must have dependencies, If the M$ freaks can
> > get programs to install with install shields then why cant we do it in
> > Linux. Thats all.
> > Chad
>
> 	Tis easy:
>
> sudo yum install <appname>
>
> 	Finds all the dependencies and installs everything in one command... If
> the place your getting them isn't yum enabled, ask them to consider it.
>
> --
> Homer Parker			/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
> BOFH for homershut.net		\ / No HTML/RTF in email
> http://www.homershut.net	 x  No Word docs in email
> telnet://bbs.homershut.net	/ \ Respect for open standards
>
> "Bill Gates reports on security progress made and the challenges ahead."
> -- Microsoft's Homepage, on the day an SQL Server bug crippled large
>    sections of the Internet.

Well I have been trying for the past three weeks every mirro on the
planet and every sugestion I have been give on this list and glug yum,
up2date and apt dont work they all hang. Yes Iam behing a firewall and a
proxy, I have a username and password for the proxy and the firewall
[same usename and pass] but nothing works.

Chad