up2date

Pierre De Boeck pierre.deboeck at skynet.be
Sun Mar 14 18:10:04 UTC 2004

Ok thanks a lot.

But still a few questions about update in general because I am a
little confused.

I know at least rpm, yum and up2date for updating packages and now
there is yet another one:up2date-nox.

rpm I think is used only if you have already downloaded the rpm files
and yum and up2date perform the download and optionally the updates
(using rpm I suppose). Am I right up to this point?

Now my questions:

- can I mix updates with yum and up2date. And are the rpms updated
by yum visible with rpm -q?

- why to use up2date-nox io up2date?

- are the default options in the up2date config file ok for doing a
complete update, including kernel? I have a fresh FC1 2.4.22-1.2115
and I want the latest updates (2174) with kernel-source.