Unable to Build Kernel

Joe Dumais jjejdumais at comcast.net
Mon Mar 15 02:10:10 UTC 2004

I attempted to build the 2.4.22-1.2115 kernel turning on the options for
NFS support.  The kernel build crashes because of an undefined reference
to active_load_balance in function schedule of kernel/sched.c.  I have a
single-processor Pentium-II, and did not turn on any options for
multi-procesing.  Whatever combination of options got turned on is
causing a call to active_load_balance without compiling it.  I have gcc
3.2.  Any ideas what the problem could be?  Attempts to change the
sched.c code allowed me to build, but the resulting kernel would not run
due to kernel panic.