Traffic Shaping with WonderShaper

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Mon Mar 15 02:52:48 UTC 2004

I'm using shorewall as the firewall front-end. I'm not sure
how well it'll work with CBQ.. (will explore possiblity)

> > Do you use bittorrent? (Azurues in my case)
>
> No, no bittorrent.

What about any other apps that uses/aggressively downloads??

> > I'm trying but.. nothing seems to make things better
> > when I'm DL'ing or uploading. Once Bittorrent is
> > off, it's way better.
>
> Is your upstream queue full then or downstream at it's limit?

I'm not sure how to answer you. I have no idea.
My guess is that the upstream is full/queuing. WHich is why
my web page requests are not really getting ahead into the
top of the queue???