Looking for a good Photo Album application

Laurent Aphecetche Laurent.Aphecetche at laposte.net
Mon Mar 15 10:53:22 UTC 2004

> Okay, I'm not a linux guy (yet) so I'm plodding my way through .. I'll
> explain the best I can.
>
> I entered a terminal as root.
> I grabbed the src.rpm files and then "rpm -ihv filename" them.
> I changed to /usr/src/redhat/SOURCE/digikam-0.6 directory and then
> (after installing all the devel packages), did:
>
> ./configure
> make
> make install
>
> I then opened anther terminal as myself, and entered 'digikam' to see
> the output ..
>
> That's when I saw the error.
>
> Hope this helps ..

Well, I'm not a RPM expert either, but I think you're trying to do all
by yourself the rpmbuild job.

Please try (as root) :

rpmbuild --rebuild digikam-0.6-fc1.src.rpm

and see how it goes.
If all goes well, you'll get a plain digikam RPM in
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386 that you then install using rpm -Uvh

Regards,