Problem Accessing Specific Site

Paul Morgan paul.morgan at jumanjihouse.com
Mon Mar 15 15:58:47 UTC 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 08:14:02AM -0500, Clint wrote:
> He can't access http://cyclingnews.com using any browser, he can't ping
> it, and traceroute cyclingnews.com fails at the 14th node on the route.
>
> - The system is fully updated with kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.
> - I ping'd cyclingnews.com and sent him the numeric IP (210.10.97.10) to
> try. That failed also.
>
> Keep in mind that he's been able to successfully hit the site for weeks
> on this same FC1 machine, and only a week ago has he been unable to hit it.

This is not an ecn issue, as I tried activating ecn
on my fc1 laptop and was still able to hit the cyclingnews.com
website.

My steps:
edit /etc/sysctl.conf and add "net.ipv4.tcp_ecn = 1"
run `sysctl -p`
go to cyclingnews.com successfully
failed to go to samsclub.com
set ecn back off
go to both cyclingnews.com and samsclub.com successfully.

Hence there's something going on besides ecn.

HTH,
Paul