fedora devel and mouse

Michael Colef mcolef at nyit.edu
Mon Mar 15 16:47:48 UTC 2004

Hi Jean-Eric,

Starting with 2.6.3 the /dev/psaux has been dropped for mouse support.
So you will have to edit your XF68Config file and edit your Section
"InputDevice" to look like this:

Section "InputDevice"

# If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse then
# this input device can be used in AlwaysCore mode to let you
# also use USB mice at the same time.
        Identifier  "DevInputMice"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

This should take care of your problem and X should start again.

Take care,
Michael