Need help with Dell Inspiron 8600 notebook

Steven J. Brown sbrown at valueline.com
Mon Mar 15 20:00:56 UTC 2004

Can anyone help me get Fedora Core running on a Dell Inspiron 8600
notebook?  The problem is that it's got an unusual wide-screen monitor
(runs at 1680 x 1050).   I've tried various selections  during text-mode
installation, but none have worked so far.  I also tried manually
inserting "1680x1050" into the XF86Config file, but that didn't help.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Steven J. Brown
Business A*nalyst / Programmer
sbrown at valueline.com
vldc:win2000:mozilla

This transmission contains information intended to be confidential and solely for the use of Value Line, Inc., and those persons or entities to whom it is directed. It is not to be reproduced, retransmitted, or in any other manner distributed. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender.