Problem Accessing Specific Site -- wierd solution???

Clint clint at penguinsolutions.org
Mon Mar 15 19:53:24 UTC 2004

Clint wrote:

> John Thompson wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 08:14:02 -0500
>> Clint <clint at penguinsolutions.org> wrote:
>>

>>> I am letting a friend borrow one of my FC1 boxes to try it out. So
>>> far, everything seems to be going well. Now I've got a problem I
>>> can't figure out and need some help!
>>>
>>> He can't access http://cyclingnews.com using any browser, he can't
>>> ping it, and traceroute cyclingnews.com fails at the 14th node on the
>>> route.
>>

>> Then it's a routing problem, not Fedora.  I can access
>> http://cyclingnews.com using dillo or FireFox here.
>>
>> Traceroute shows:
>

> I initially thought it was a routing issue as well, but when a Win box
> is connected to the same cable modem, it can hit the site just fine. The
> FC1 box can't hit it.
>
> I've asked him to see about the ECN configuration to see if that is the
> problem.

I just got a note from my friend with the problem described. He plugged
in the FC1 box and was immediately able to hit Vanessa. We didn't do
anything to the machine, though.

This really has me baffled.

But as long as it's working, I told him to not change a thing! <grin>

Clint <clint at penguinsolutions.org>