audio file editor?

Mon Mar 15 22:45:09 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 16:31, John McBride wrote:
> Marc Schwartz wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 12:40, John McBride wrote:
> >
> >>Are there any yum-installable wav file editors available for fedora? I
> >>need to edit wav files and can't seem to find anything that works.
> >>

> > Have you looked at audacity?
> > It is available from FreshRPMS:
> > yum install audacity
> >

> Thanks Marc. I had heard of this but had no idea is was in such good
> shape now. I've only played with it a little and it's not breaking so
> this looks like it will more than handle what I need to do.
>
> Thanks again,
> John

Happy to help John. I am certainly no audio engineer, but for the
infrequent stuff that I need to do with MP3's, WAV's, etc. it has worked
well for those occasions.

On the chance that it does not work for you, there are links off the
audacity home page (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) to some other
applications. There is also a FAQ, etc. there for audacity as well.

Regards,

Marc