flash-plugin-6.0.81 Update

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Mar 15 23:10:25 UTC 2004

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/flash/english/linux/6.0r81/
install_flash_player_6_linux.tar.gz
I have just noticed that Macromedia's download site is now showing a new
6.0.81 binary for Linux.

I cannot find any changelog on Macromedia's site, however there are a
few things that I noticed empirically while packaging it.  I also added
some little fixes to the package to hopefully improve compatibility with
the different distributions.

Changes since flash-plugin-6.0.79-2.i386.rpm:
- update to 6.0.81
- no longer requires libstdc++
   Should solve XPCOM integration javascript problems with gcc-3.x
compiled Mozilla
   Although in testing some javascript integration either acts funny or
   fails.  Try Macromedia's examples on this page:
   http://www.fedora.us/FEDORA-GPG-KEY
- i386 binary only
- really fix dir ownership
- support firefox
- gtk2 click-thru

As usual, get the new RPM from the nearest mirror at
http://macromedia.mplug.org
apt, urpmi, yum, up2date repositories are available like usual.