Upgrading from rh9 to fedora 1

Peter Andersson peter at legio.mine.nu
Tue Mar 16 00:51:32 UTC 2004

Hi!

I would just like to ask a (stupid) question. I am running a small redhat
9 server at home but have had nothing but trouble with it since installing
it. That is why i am interested in upgrading to fedora (hoping that that
will stop the server from crashing all the time.) At this point i doesn't
have the time to re configure the entire server so my question to you is
how much of the old config files are kept untouched when upgrading to
fedora 1? I know this is probably impossible to answer exactly but just
give me a hint and i´ll be happy. For instance i am running postfix as
mailserver will postfix be replaced with the sendmail during an upgrade?
Also can i keep my old samba installation (2.2.7).

Regards

Peter