Fedora-bash-System

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Mar 16 09:48:29 UTC 2004

Hi All

I upgraded from RH9 to FC1 all the symbolic links now have question
marks on them?

Fedora seems to work OK except now and again certain programs refuse to
work from the launch menu.

I was trying to install the java plugin last night, every thing went
fine until I tried:

"ln -s libjavaplugin_oji.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/"

while it created the symbolic link file the file had a padlock, a link
arrow and a question mark. the said file contained nothing, an error
message of this file seems to no longer exist is displayed.

Some other commands I have tried in Bash do not seem to work either.

I have looked at google, purchased "The Linux Bible" (not cheap I might
add) all to no avail

My question is in two parts really, is my bash program corrupted? and if
so how do I fix it, and if not is it possible there is something else
lurking around my system which is left running from when I ungraded that
is destroying my symbolic links.

I do get "Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy" when trying to
exit kcron.

I lean more to the problem being Bash as a lot of the learning exercises
I have tried from books do not work on my system.

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk