RPM option -ba

Daniel Stonier snorri_dj at operamail.com
Tue Mar 16 11:49:47 UTC 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:37:04 +0100, Wengrzik, Andreas <Wengrzik at ewr.de>
wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Anyone knows this line:
>
> rpm -ba ??

Redhat 9 (I think, maybe 8?) separated the commands for unpacking and
repacking rpms. Previously
rpm -ba was to build an rpm from a spec file. You now need to use the
rpmbuild function.

If you're dealing with a source rpm, just type in

	rpmbuild --rebuild xxxx.srpm

It will dump rpm's in your /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/ix86 directory.
Make sure you are root when you do this.

Cheers,
Daniel

email:snorri_dj at operamail.com
http://members.optusnet.com.au/stonierd/