wireless centrino

skyweb skywebsys at tiscali.it
Tue Mar 16 14:50:45 UTC 2004

>What driver are you trying to use, ipw2100 or ndiswrapper?
the ufficial driver, also ipw2100 :)

>The command to load a module is called insmod, not inmod.
yes it's a writing error! :)

>But you should use the command modprobe instead, it makes shure all other
modules
>needed is loaded.
Yes, but this command don't exist if you use kernel from you distro, you
must  compile from kernel source or install kernel source from your packages
available.
Infact i haven't this command with Fedora (with kernel 2.6.3) but exist
with Debian and kernel 2.4.24 (after ricompile the old kernel 2.4-18 of
woody)

>If you're trying to use ipw2100, you need to make shure the kernel
>doesn't go into powersave mode (C3). The only way I've found is starting
it's a good tips, how i do to control it?

>If your trying to use ndiswrapper you need to step down to kernel
>2.6.3-1.118.
why? the next version don't support it?

ADSL Senza Canone 640Kbps:
attivala entro il 31 marzo e avrai GRATIS il costo di adesione,
quello di attivazione e il modem per tutto il 2004.
E per i primi 3 mesi navighi a 1,5 euro l'ora! Affrettati!
http://point.tiscali.it/adsl/prodotti/senzacanone/