MADWIFI on FC1

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 16 16:38:17 UTC 2004

perhaps you need some additions to /etc/pcmcia/config?

from http://www.mattfoster.clara.co.uk/madwifi-faq.htm

-----------------
ts also handy to note that the card is handled by a combination of hotplug and pcmcia, so you need to put:

device "ath_pci"
       class "network" module "wlan", "ath_hal", "ath_pci"

card "Atheros Wireless 802.11 b/g Card"
     manfid 0x0271, 0x0012
     bind "ath_pci"

In /etc/pcmcia/config.opts

I've used this driver with mini-pci - not pcmcia - so I don't know if
there are any additional configuration required for pcmcia. The error
messages kinda sugest - hardware was not detected - so perhaps the
chipset is not aheros?

Satish