Migrating to SATA drive

Michael mike at mrktechweb.com
Tue Mar 16 16:59:03 UTC 2004

I have a MSI KT6V mobo which has SATA onboard using the VIA6240 chipset.
This is not supported through the 2.4 kernel so I rebuilt and installed the
2.6.4 kernel which does support SATA.  I did all of this on an IDE drive
which I put into the system just for this purpose.  Now I want to migrate my
system to the SATA Drives which I have set up in the BIOS using RAID1 but I
don't know how to do the migration.  I see the SATA drives in the hardware
browser but cannot get to them to format or migrate the system from the IDE
drive.  Can anyone tell me what I need to do next to get my system to the
SATA drives?

Thank you
Mike