NTFS under kernel#2.6.3-2.1.204

David Cary Hart dch at tqmcube.com
Tue Mar 16 18:09:30 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 09:51, Adam Cooper wrote:

> There are however no (that I can find) rpm's built for this kernel
> version at the sourceforge site. Do any of you guy's know of any? I am
> not a newb but not yet confident enough to try compiling my kernel.

Give it a shot. Your computer is not going to blow up. Leave the stock
kernel as the default until you're sure.

BTW, while the NTFS mod works, I have gone to keeping MyDocuments on a
fat32 partition and then mounting that in Linux. It's more stable than
using NTFS in Linux and Fat32 is built into the stock kernels. The only
thing that I use Win for is FrontPage. This way "My Webs" is available
in both platforms.
--
David Cary Hart, CEO - Drake Schools - http://drakeschools.com
Hart's PGP key -