Monitor Refresh Rate

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Mar 17 03:36:58 UTC 2004

Eduard Kriegler wrote:
> Thanks. I've just seen that XFree86 4.3.0 contain a buggy i810 driver. Am
> now downloading 4.4.0.

I have XFree86-4.3.0-63 installed and have not experienced problems with
the driver.
One of the reasons that I use Redhat/Fedora over the other distros is
that my video card didn't work on Debian or other distros. It has worked
without issues since I bought this computer with RH/F. In short, if it
is an XFree86 problem, this distro is the only one that has the secret
for this machine.

I have a system that uses the 810 driver. It seems to work alright for
me. Included is additional information regarding the monitor. Maybe the
monitor settings need adjusted. You might try the section below the
monitor information. I doubt you have the exact same monitor.

Jim

-----

Section "Monitor"
         Identifier   "Monitor0"
         VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
         ModelName    "Visual Sensa"
         DisplaySize  310        230
         HorizSync    30.0 - 70.0
         VertRefresh  50.0 - 160.0
         Option      "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
         Identifier  "Videocard0"
         Driver      "i810"
         VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
         BoardName   "Intel 815"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
         Identifier "Screen0"
         Device     "Videocard0"
         Monitor    "Monitor0"
         DefaultDepth     24
         SubSection "Display"
                 Depth     24
                 Modes    "1280x1024" "1280x960" "1152x864" "1024x768"
"800x600" "640x480"
         EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "DRI"