Unscribe question

simon andrews (BI) simon.andrews at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed Mar 17 14:14:34 UTC 2004

Mike wrote:

> How can I unscribe from this list? It looks like the unscribe for the
> fedora list is not working properly.
>
> It is interesting, I love Linux, but the number of messages is to huge.

You might want to consider getting the list via a newsgroup.  I use
news.redhat.com where the list appears as gated.rhl-list.  If you
configure your newsreader with a valid SMTP server then you can even
reply to messages via email (you have to be subscribed to the list to do
this, but I just turn on digest mode and then have a mail filter rule to
delete the emails).

I find this a much better way to stay on top of the volume of messages
to this list.

HTH

Simon.