Using 2 distributions of linux; deleting a windows partition-help needed

John DeCarlo jdecarlo at mitre.org
Wed Mar 17 19:11:34 UTC 2004

Kaustubh Ghosh wrote:

> E:(12GB &FAT32).
> I want to delete E: and allot it to Linux.How can I do so?(I have

I am not exactly sure what your question is.  If you want to add that
partition to an existing Linux distro, check the previous response.

If you want to simply dedicate all of the E: partition to a new Linux
install, that is fairly simple.

1.   You need to know if it is hdc1 or hda4 or whatever.
2.   During the install of the new distro, simply make it use only the
E: partition (hdc1, hda4, etc.).  There is always an option to remove an
existing partition and use that free space.
2.b. You could also delete the partition before installing the next
distro and tell it to only use existing free space.

--

John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own