oo

Kent Loobey kent at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Thu Mar 18 01:32:05 UTC 2004

So, I made the mistake of clicking on "OpenOffice.org Writer Word processor"
in root and now when ever I click on it in the a user title bar it tries to
install OpenOffice again in my user area and gives me the following message:

"An error occurred while copying the file libgcc_s.so.1 to
home/kent/OpenOffice.org1.1.0/program."

So, I was able to find a copy of this file in /lib.  I copied it.  The next
error I received was:

"An error occurred while copying the file sopatchlevel.sh to
/home/kent/OpenOffice.org1.1.0/program."

I did a search and this file is not on my computer.  So what is going on here?
I can "su" into root and run oowriter and it works fine.

This is not a good deal because 1) I shouldn't have to create documents in
root and 2) This kind of install problem shouldn't occur.