Updating VSFTPD from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1.

William H. Bowen bowenw at whbowen.com
Thu Mar 18 02:46:09 UTC 2004

George,

  If you don't mind me jumping in in the
middle of this discussion, that list of FTP
programs looks pretty normal to me. Pretty
much matches (except for versions) my RH
9 system.

  If you are running VSFTPD under XINETD,
the way I kill and restart it is via WebMin: go
to Servers, Extended Internet Services, and
you can stop and restart any service run via
XINETD there. You could consult the
documentation for XINETD to get the
command line syntax for this function, which
I do not remember off the top of my head.

Regards,
  Bill Bowen
  Sacramento, CA

P.S. I don't know if your experience with
Fedora is the same or not, but VSFTPD
seems to be much happier running under
XINETD on my RH9 box than as a stand-
alone (under XINETD was the default in
RH8; changed to stand-alone in RH9 for I
cannot remember what reason). From what I
can gather by reading the docs available out
there, even the developers of VSFTPD
recommend running the program under
XINETD.